Shea's Performing Arts Center is looking for local interns to assist the camp staff for Camp Broadway's Mainstage camp running July 24-28, 2017. There are two types of positions available:
Assistant Stage Managers (ASM's)
The local ASM works directly with Camp Broadway Mainstage's teaching staff and their group of campers, and acts as group assistant leader throughout the week. Responsibilities include:
- Helping the campers do their best work, and making the experience a positive, uplifting opportunity.
- Ensuring that all campers in his/her group are present and accounted for (taking attendance), reminding them of appropriate behavior guidelines as needed, and monitoring campers during lunch, breaks, and between workshops and rehearsals.
- Exhibiting an enthusiastic attitude and full participation in rehearsals.
- Assisting with logistical planning and preparation for the Camp including the setup and the breakdown of the space, preparing materials for the campers, assisting with end-of-the-day clean up and preparations, and organizing the diploma distribution process.
Local ASM's must be 18 or over with a background and interest in theatre and performing arts. Experience in musical theatre technique including dance or movement training, vocal training and/or acting experience desirable, but not mandatory. Experience in an educational or camp setting and/or work with children is a plus.
The local administrative assistant works directly with the Camp Broadway company manager and provides assistance in all logistical and managerial aspects of Camp Broadway. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with all logistical planning and preparation for the camp, including the setup and the breakdown of the space, end-of the day clean up and preparations, and preparing materials for the campers.
- Manage and organize the camp, and prepare for the final performance. Some responsibilities may include running errands, making copies, monitoring a class or group of campers, setting up and cleaning up lunch and snacks.
- Assisting the company manager plan and organize other camps later in the summer, including schedules, materials, flights, etc.
- Being familiar with the venue and surrounding area in which Camp Broadway is visiting, in order to offer advice and suggestions of where to go locally for any camp related need.
Local Administrative Assistants must be 16 years of age or older and should have a background and interest in theatre, arts administration and performing arts. Organizational skills, knowledge of basic office equipment and ability to multi-task are required.